With the winter storms over, road crews are busy filling potholes. But there are plenty of them out there.

Under state law, local governments can deny drivers’ claims over damage caused by potholes if they don’t know about them or aren’t given enough time to fix them. To help spread the word about potholes to other drivers and to local road officials, you can leave information about potholes below in the comment field.

We can’t guarantee the potholes will be filled, but we do know some local road officials are faithful Road Warrior readers.

Don Rivers, regional manager for Caltrans’ North Bay region maintenance, said the number of potholes reported this past winter was fairly normal. He said when someone calls in to report a pothole, “we try to respond that day.”

If you want to report a pothole directly to local government, here’s how:

–For Caltrans, call 762-6641.

–For Petaluma, call 778-4303.

–For Rohnert Park, call 588-3300

–For Santa Rosa, there’s an online reporting form that you can find by CLICKING HERE.

–For Sonoma County, call 565-5100.

To read a past story about pothole claims and why they’re almost always denied, CLICK HERE.

Comments

1. Road.Warrior

It’s not a big pothole, but every time I hit it I hate it. It’s on westbound Mark West Springs Road just at the stoplight with the northbound Highway 101 offramp. It’s on the right side of the road, and I’ve just got to remember to just move over a bit to miss it.

April 22nd, 2011 10:38 am

2. Carleen

Ha! we have been reporting one on Rainsville road for quite a while and they still have not fixed it ,they put a little fill in and it all goes down down and the whole is still there

April 22nd, 2011 10:52 am

3. HLH

FREI ROAD- the whole thing is covered with potholes……It’s killing my car!

April 22nd, 2011 11:05 am

4. mac

please, please i beg, fix calistoga road. that road mad my teeth chatter and i drive it every day to get to work and its beating my little ford ranger to an early retirerment

April 22nd, 2011 11:11 am

5. Ken

Westbound Highway 12, at Fulton Road, in the transition between the highway and the right turn lane onto northbound Fulton, there is a series a potholes, including one big enough to swallow a tire.

April 22nd, 2011 11:15 am

6. Carlos J.

Crews are “hard at work filling potholes.” ??????????

Seriously?

What kind of joke is that statement ?

“Hard at work” ?????????

April 22nd, 2011 11:34 am

7. irish

All of Santa Rosa roads need repairs.

April 22nd, 2011 11:44 am

8. Phylliss Mosher

On highway as as you pass over Willow Rd. in the cities Rodeo/Hercules going towards Vallejo in the slow lane there is a pot hole so big it knocked my cars front end out of alinement. No, I do not curb my wheels when park my car either. You would think that they would fix that pot hole sooner than later because the road is being worked on in that area. With all the monies that get paid for taxes just alone with soaring gas prices you would think that there is someone else responsible for the roads and highways other than the drivers -”How often do you work on the roads amd highways?”-

April 22nd, 2011 1:13 pm

9. Sonoma Sam

Petaluma in general is one large pothole with a few patches of pavement. If it gets any worse I am trading my sedan for a mule train.

April 22nd, 2011 1:13 pm

10. Cyclist

The strip of Piner road between Coffey ln and Range ave. The entire right side of the road is crumbling away from all the traffic of the heavy trucks making pickup and delivery.

April 22nd, 2011 1:25 pm

11. Ugh

Farmers lane south, right before you come to Neotomas. Nice big pothole that I have to maneuver to the center of my wheels as to avoid hitting it and potentially flipping.

April 22nd, 2011 1:34 pm

12. Ryan C.

Roberts Lake Road near the intersection with Santa Rosa Avenue, Rohnert Park – CA 94928.

April 22nd, 2011 4:35 pm

13. cla

Warm Springs Road to and from Glen Ellen. Last summer, there was ALWAYS road work going on (repaving) and now all that repaving is slowly but surely coming off! I drive that road everyday and I’ve been showered with bits and pieces of black top that has been kicked up by the huge trucks that use that road (which, in my opinion, should not be allowed!) and most of those trucks drive like bats out of hell. In any case, that road is absolutely horrible and it should be dealt with SOON!

April 22nd, 2011 9:10 pm

14. Carl C

All of Mark West Springs Rd from Calistoga Road to about 1 and 1/2 miles before Riebli Rd, in both directions! It is to the point now where I feel almost like a Slalom Skier trying to avoid the bigger of the potholes. Don’t get me wrong, it is a little bit fun, that is until you avoid a big pothole, but still hit a little one and due to evasion of the first pothole your rear end bounces out on you a bit and for a split second your heart stops because you see the car in the other lane that much closer to you. Fun times!

April 23rd, 2011 12:20 am

15. judi goldberg

lake sized potholes on center way in geurneville, and of course along neeley road in guerneville

April 23rd, 2011 9:11 am

16. Safedriver

The city (SR) is letting the potholes go on purpose so the cops can ticket the drivers for weaving. How can you be a good driver when you’re constantly trying to preserve your cars wheel alignment?

April 24th, 2011 7:34 pm

17. Kurtis

Mark West Springs Rd. is garbage, both ways. Needs to be fixed to save everyone

April 25th, 2011 8:25 am

18. Hasan Taylor

Colgan Avenue (between Santa Rosa Ave. and Petaluma Hill Rd.) in Santa Rosa is littered with pot holes. I feel like I’m in some kind of racing video game the way I have to swerve left and right to avoid them.

April 25th, 2011 12:51 pm

19. Cate

Spring Creek Drive near Summerfield: 3 or 4 strategically positioned potholes. Can’t get around them without endangering anyone else on the street. Help!

May 2nd, 2011 2:22 pm

20. rexfaktor

Middle Rincon road in front of RVMS…

Farmer’s lane southbound at Hoen Ave…

Stony Point from Northpoint to Sebastopol Road…one big pothole

May 5th, 2011 1:47 pm

21. Cindy

There is a huge hole in the E. Washington off ramp in Petaluma going northbound 101.

May 31st, 2011 3:46 pm

22. NN

Maybe Sonoma County could actually spend $$ on something decent for once to improve and keep our roads safe.

I just moved across the country and my current neck of the woods gets a heck of a lot more pot holes. However, people do report them using this website/app and surprisingly the roads are fixed in a timely manner.

I know people hit pot holes and injure themselves or damage their cars. But worse things can happen. You might swerve away from the pothole/damaged road and accidentally hit another driver, bicyclist or even a pedestrian. And we know fatalities on north bay roads aren’t a farce….

May 31st, 2011 9:41 pm

23. Diane Price

All of Joy Road is covered with pot holes. Most of them very deep. It is getting seriously dangerous to try to avoid all of them

June 1st, 2011 8:53 am

24. Cara

A pretty deep one on Range Ave, northbound right lane about 50 ft south of the corner of Guerneville Rd.
    Lots of patching goes on in this town, always blaming the rain. Is this a problem in other high rain, heavy clay soil areas like Portland, Seattle etc.?

June 6th, 2011 11:13 am

25. Jack

My Corvette’s front right wheel BOTTOMED in a pothole on rt 152 heading west about a mile after passing the 156 junction. Where are the funds for road maintenance being diverted to?

May 26th, 2012 9:13 am

26. Scott Worley

look out for a long deep pothole on Point Reyes – Petaluma Road, just North of the San Antonio Road turn off, drivers side of the SOUTHBOUND lane. There is a house on the left, just before the pothole that bubbled two new tires on the drivers side of my Subaru. It als got a friends honda today, drivers side front tire blown. Careful!!

February 26th, 2013 8:52 pm

27. Kurt Callies

Highland Ave, Penngrove.
    Has a section of pavement that has been bad for a couple years. Since this long awaited rain this section of road is eroding quickly. Please check it out. The more time goes by, the bigger (and more expensive) the repair is going to get. People try to dodge the deep potholes by crossing to the uphill side of the road. Major safety issue, for kids and drivers!
    Hope this get’s an ear. Kurt

March 1st, 2014 12:51 pm