Santa Rosa traffic police officers this Monday through Sunday will monitor one of the city’s fifth most dangerous intersections — Corby Avenue at Hearn Avenue, which last year was tied with 12 traffic collisions.

As part of a weekly special enforcement program, officers particularly will be looking for drivers not wearing seat belts, who are illegally using cell phones, are speeding, running red lights or committing lane violations.

To read about the city’s other top intersections for collisions, CLICK HERE.

To read about how the officers look for violators, CLICK HERE.

Comments

1. Megan

How does one submit a suggested intersection for them to target? This is very important to me, I have never felt safe at this intersection, and in comparison I feel much safer as a pedestrian walking through some of the most dangerous intersections in the city.

August 6th, 2011 10:33 pm

2. Jeff Woodd

I appreciate the P.D sharing with the public the locations where law enforcement will be targeting traffic violators.. But I really believe that people should be conscience of thier driving behaviors regardless of law enforcements presance.

August 7th, 2011 2:05 am

3. Road.Warrior

Apology to readers for an early version of this column mistakenly placing this intersection near the JC. Last week’s targeted intersection was near the JC.

August 7th, 2011 9:43 am

4. Reality Check

One can only hope that citing those not wearing seat belts won’t be this program’s first priority. I doubt that fact has contributed to a single traffic collision; rather it risks only no one but the person not wearing a belt.

As to the other offenses: enforce, enforce, enforce. Santa Rosa is experiencing an epidemic of careless and irresponsible drivers.

August 7th, 2011 10:44 am

5. Sara

Reality Check, just wear your seat belt!

We don’t want to pay for someone to clean you up off of the roadway.

August 7th, 2011 12:51 pm

6. Kristie Loeffler Hesselrode

I grew up just feet from that intersection. I now live in the Mid-west.
    How sad this is to me. I rememnber a quiet street. a safe street,
    a wonderful neighborhood to be raised in. Kids even walked to Burbank Elementary!
    Kristie

August 7th, 2011 1:11 pm

7. pamela

Fulton Road and Gurneville Road Intersection are speeders row. At any given time you can hear motorcycles whizzing by at high rates of speed as well as cars. I live nearby and at all hours of the day you can hear and see cars, trucks motorcycles and big trucks speeding.

August 8th, 2011 12:15 pm