Here’s a question from a Road Warrior reader:

Can you look into the signal light issues that have been occurring Brush Creek Rd and Hwy 12 intersection ever since Caltrans did work there back in August. The sensors DO NOT WORK and cars waiting to turn left and head east onto Hwy 12 from Brush Creek Road are left sitting at the signal for sometimes close to 8 to 10 minutes waiting for a green light. Just this past weekend, I watched 3 cars all at different times choose to just turn on the red light as their impatience grew. This is going to become one of the most dangerous intersections if the signal sensors do not get repaired ASAP. –KS

The answer, with the help of Santa Rosa’s traffic engineer, Rob Sprinkle, is that Caltrans has been notified of the problem, and it promised to send a maintenance crew to check it out. And hopefully fix it before someone gets hurt or killed.

Update: Caltrans reported Tuesday morning that the traffic signal has been fixed.

Here’s another question from a reader:

I’ve been searching all over the web for a place to report serial traffic violations in unincorporated west county. Do you know where I should be looking? We live along Occidental Road, and there is zero enforcement of the speed limit and daily acts of road rage. –Vicki

The answer comes from CHP Officer Jon Sloat, the spokesman for the Sonoma County office, who says just call the local office at 588-1400 and let them know that you’re reporting a traffic problem or violation. The CHP handles traffic enforcement in the county’s unincorporated areas as well as the highways.

He says you also can report it online at the chp website — — but anything reported online has to be forwarded to the local office. So you might as well cut through the red tape and call.

The CHP website does have a page where you can report out-of-state license plate cheaters —


If you have a question for the Road Warrior, email it to


Follow the Road Warrior on Twitter via @PDRoadWarrior