Ever wonder what Santa Rosa charges if your parking meter expires or if you park along a yellow-painted curb? Or some other parking violation?

Here’s a list:

(Click each page, one at a time, to enlarge)

Comments

1. Marc

Do not forget to add in the “Fee’s” to the Fine.

February 24th, 2013 5:57 pm

2. Park

It takes them more than a month to handle any contested parking ticket.

February 26th, 2013 8:25 am

3. sonomaborn

i went downtown for dinner at about 5:45, dropped $200,

came back and had a 35 dollar ticket for parking

never again will i eat in downtown santa rosa

February 26th, 2013 9:00 am

4. R. Calixto

When parking down town make sure someone stays by the car ( if possible ) while you run to pay for your parking voucher. Twice now I was ticketed while purchasing a dash receipt. The first time I was not able to find the meter officer. That was the most expensive 2 minutes I have ever paid for parking ($35.00). The second time I was able to catch up to him. After numerous attempts at trying to gain his attention he finally turned around and I explained the situation, reluctantly he took the ticket back.

February 26th, 2013 9:07 am

5. Andrew

Proof: Friend of mine always said its cheaper to park on a sidewalk than a handicapped spot

February 26th, 2013 9:59 am

6. sebastopolian

after two parking tickets I really don’t want to do business in SR. I much prefer doing business in Rohnert Park for this reason alone. I will park in free parking lots though.
    It sure reeks of corruption when you appeal a wrongful ticket (like I did). Think we appeal to a third party? Nope, we have to appeal to the city who really wants our $$$. Of course the person parking is always wrong.
    Thanks SR….or not.

February 26th, 2013 10:16 am

7. Patrick

sonomaborn, You were too lazy to put a quarter in the meter and it is the city’s fault?

February 26th, 2013 10:52 am

8. Pete

It’s not a quarter to park, some of these take atm cards. Getting to be just like SF with outrageous fines for parking violations. Two years from now there will be meters everywhere within 1 mile of downtown. Remember there are retired cops, firemen and city officials, some in there early 50′s getting 6 figures a year and someone needs to pay for that.

February 26th, 2013 1:15 pm

9. Pete

Save your Krugarands and Canadian maple leafs, the meters will accept them.

February 26th, 2013 1:17 pm

10. Tim

On the extreme rare occasion to visit downtown,I use my commercial plated truck, and park in the yellow zones for no more than the time allowed.I don’t have anything to do with any business,just needed to find a way to recoup some of the ridiculous commercial license fees bestowed on private individuals.

February 26th, 2013 4:55 pm