Readers have complained about the loud nighttime work that Caltrans is doing on Highway 12 in Santa Rosa. The project will repave the highway from Melita Road to Mission Boulevard. Here is an update from Caltrans of the work for this coming week:
Construction Details for Week of Sept. 14:
• The contractor has scheduled roadway base repair from Melita Road to Mission Boulevard, Sunday night through Tuesday night, Sept. 14 – 16, and then from Mission Boulevard to Melita Road, Wednesday night through Friday night, Sept. 17 – 19.
• Westbound lane closures and Eastbound lane closures will be Sunday night to Thursday night, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. and Friday night, from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
• Roadway base repair can potentially be a noisy operation. Residents may notice more noise during this work.
• Work will continue for about three weeks.
• One way traffic control will be in place during this construction project. Follow the directions of flaggers as you drive through the construction zone.
During this project, the contractor will be performing roadway base repair and grinding and removing old pavement prior to repaving.